Topband: CQ WW 160m DX Contest Rules

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: CQ WW 160m DX Contest Rules
From: k6se at juno.com (k6se@juno.com)
Date: Fri Jan 24 06:06:46 2003
Regarding my comment about the elimination of the DX window in the
contest:

A prominent W9-land Topbander e-mailed me: "Yes ... I believe this is a
disadvantange to all but the east coast."

A prominent W4-land east coast Topbander wrote: "But then the East Coast
should have a window for JA's for the same reasons!"

Ah, but there IS a window for JAs!  They still have the 1907.5 to 1912.5
segment.  All the east coasters have to do is call "CQ JA QSX 1910" on
1808 or whatever during the contest and enjoy relatively QRM-free
even make their signals a dB or two stronger.

73, de Earl, K6SE