Topband: CQWW 160m Condx

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: CQWW 160m Condx
From: phil.catterall at ntlworld.com (Phil Catterall)
Date: Mon Jan 27 09:50:48 2003
Hi Guys

Further to my earlier posting about condx in the contest. Last night things
picked up briefly as darkness fell in the western USA. From 2220z until
2309z I picked up the following:

VY2ZM     PE (AT LAST) 2220Z
K0TV        NH
K5ZD        MA
K3DI        MD
W3RJ        PA
K2WI        NJ
N2NC        NJ
VE1ZZ       NS
K1ZZ        CT
N8II         WV                    2309Z

After that USA/VE dried up. Best USA DX was into TX on Saturday morning.
0633z K5NA and at 0649z K5PTC.

Total USA/VE  states worked in the whole contest was 26. DXCC Countries 54.
As a single op I did not use packet cluster and that really makes a dent in
the number of entities worked I reckon. I only heard one JA station and
didn't work him. That was JH4UYB who was 559 on the Sunday morning JA
sunrise and I didn't hear or work any of the VKs. The big "gotaway" in USA
was W9RE (IN) - heard but not worked. I operated for 21 hours in total.

73 Phil G4OBK
North East England (18 miles inland from The North Sea)

---