Topband: 160 m contests/frm EU

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 160 m contests/frm EU
From: df2py at t-online.de (DF2PY)
Date: Tue Jan 28 06:29:34 2003
hi reflectees !
I am supporting Earl`s comments thoroughly.
One aspect though could be viewed differently by a bit. In my own view the
rules
in the ARRL 160m test, that DX to Dx does NOT count, reduces EU QRM
dramatically. In the CQ 160 m people dont need to listen for weak stns, if they
dont hear Dx, they just work their neighbour 200 miles down the road. That
deprives the far away Dx stns of interesting contacts. This rule is especially
important for us in EU, where the density of the ham population creates
significant rise of the noise floor during contest- the last thing we need
while
working DX !This observation was again very pronounced in this last CQ 160m
test.I suggest the ARRL 160 to be set fine.
73 / best dx  de wolf  -df2py-