Topband: CM6RCR Working EU Today

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: CM6RCR Working EU Today
From: w8ji at contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Thu Jan 30 17:29:13 2003
> It was good to see Yanco CM6RCR on 160m this morning around 05-0645z
working
> well into Europe. I've seen Cuba spotted many times on the DX Cluster over
> the last few years but this is the time I've actually heard a signal!

Yanco runs 20 watts from a German made surplus transceiver, and has a modest
antenna system.

He told me he was very happy to work Europe. I heard him make two good
contacts with Italian stations, as well as many CW contacts with others.

Can you imagine that? 20 watts on SSB, and no large antenna!

73 Tom