Topband: Clix ... Icom and Kenwood understand

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Clix ... Icom and Kenwood understand
From: jbattin at msn.com (jbattin)
Date: Fri Jan 31 14:38:12 2003
Before we paint all manufactures with the same brush, let me point out that
the latest Kenwood and Icom products,the TS-2000 and the Icom 756pro11, have
very clean keying when you set the slope at the 8ms. settings. I do not
begrudge them for making it variable, because it is to some extent a matter
of taste, as the 45wpm+ QRQ guys would never buy a radio fixed at 8ms.
Yaesu, the one we use the most, does not seem to get it. Although an excuse
might be that all their radios are basically adaptations to a 12 year old
FT-1000 design, if they had fixed it 10 years ago, think how much cleaner
the bands would be.
John K9DX