Topband: Re: A New Start

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Re: A New Start
From: thomas.bevenheim at telia.com (Thómas Bevenheim)
Date: Sun Feb 2 20:55:23 2003
> Having given up on the key click issue as not "winnable" and most stations
> that I give a 599X report asking what that means, it's off to the new
> battle!

When I started with Amateur Radio, som 40 years ago, a 599X was the absolute
best report I could receive - back in these old days the X meant; that your
signals,
sounds exccelent - like a Xtal controlled transmitter.

A 599C meant a bad "Chirpy" signal

Better today to send 599CLIX or 599HVY CLIX . . .

We must tell those guys abt the Key Clix Problem!

Du to heavy snow storms I canceled my trip to Stockholm (Vasteras) today,
to pick up my new FT-1000MP.

Before I return to the Philippines this summer I hope to have done all the mods
(INRAD-filers, Key-clix, etc . . .) I'll also bring my old TS-930S; as an extra
RX on 160.
I had reports from the Philippines that rats have started eating on my old coax
and
other cables. Have no idéa if my old TS-440SAT is still in working order -
after 8 years
in a box on Cebu Island.

Later this year I will ship down a 20' container full with radio gear,
to be used mainly for setting up my new 160m station at a completely
now place. In the container will also be at SB-1000 amplifier, that I hope
will boost my sigs all the way to the east coast of NA, and many other places.

Timeplane is to leave Sweden around midsummer. Have a good station
on the air - at least for CQWW CW in November, and the also for all the
160 m contest in December, Januari.

73 ...thomas, SM6CNS [DU7CC]
 Only  for  the  Deserving  and  True-Blue  Believers!
 Welcome  to  the  Golden  Days  of  DX-ing, meet with
 some Extraordinary Personalities & DX-citing Exploits
 from the Thrilling World of Amateur Radio.
 Dog Xray Studio  www.DX.just.nu