Topband: Frequency selection question

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Frequency selection question
From: tombaugh at discoverynet.com (tombaugh)
Date: Mon Feb 3 09:26:01 2003
What a great operation the AH3D guys did. Thanks for all their efforts.
The AH3D event has brought to my attention (more than ever before) the
significance of  location on top band.
With AH3D parked on 1.8275  listening up for NA and EU and Down for JA the
band was basically occupied from 1.820 to 1.835.
My intention is NOT critical of this operation just an observation and
opportunity for learning.
If there would have been 2 or more DXpeds in demand it could have caused
serious problems.

For the sake of learning (note I did not say arguement).. would the use of
listening up say on 1.84 (I know it's ssb) been an alternative which may
have left the window (1.830-1.835) open for use by other stations looking
for DX?

What alternative might have been considered and or what has been done
successfully in the past?

Just thinking out loud

Tom Baugh
AE9B