Topband: The Noise Disappeared!

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: The Noise Disappeared!
From: otterstad at enter.vg (otterstad@enter.vg)
Date: Wed Mar 5 08:23:28 2003
 > A pretty good session began about 0530Z with the
east coast at 579 peaking 599,

I am green with envy !!

I have sacrificed ( much needed) beauty sleep the past
5 days and have only one Russian 160 m qso to show for
it.  K5RX came through suddenly one morning  579 but
did not hear me calling.

I have an Alpha 91B kep permanently up here, so there
is not lack of power that stops me from making qsos.

Conds have been very difficult. Miss Aurora has been
very active so one gets tired reading distorted CW.
(  FYI :Phone is virtually impossible.)

Today is my last night for this trip and I will make
the effort again, but have no high hopes after seeing
AU alert for High altitudes !!

73  from 78 degs N.

Rag  p.t.  JW5HE