Topband: Message for the top band reflector

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Message for the top band reflector
From: thompson at mindspring.com (David L. Thompson)
Date: Thu Mar 6 22:01:49 2003
Both my CQ 160 Contest PC and the machine at kkn.net have had some problems
this year.  Please be sure to check the claimed scores (I plan on putting
them all on the CQ Magazine web page) to make sure your log was received and
is included.   I just lost the hard drive that housed the CQ 160 Contests
including the archives and the logs that are ready to be checked.  I had
over 900 CW logs and just a few SSB logs.  Its going to be a tedious task to
compare the stored e-mails with the data base file to make sure all the logs
are put back in the ready to check folder.  There is some chance for error
so this why I am asking that you check when the claimed scores are put up on
the web (probably June 1).

The rules clearly state that the cabrillo log is the required log for the CQ
160 Contests.  I will make a few exceptions by allowing the older log and
sum files that I must convert.  However, I am getting logs that are
unacceptable (bin files, encoded files).  I am requesting anyone who gets a
message to send along the correct log form as soon as possible.

Please note that I am still getting 2003 CQ 160 CW logs (as of 6 March
2003).  The deadline was Feb 28th, 2003.  The only CW  logs that should be
received are those that I have asked for another log or those sent with a
SSB Log.  All standalone CW logs received after today will be subject to
being listed as check logs!

CW Hand logs (by mail) are still accepted but mist be postmarked by Feb 28,
2003 to be accepted as competitive.  Logs sent as Faxes to CQ or word
documents must comply with the CW and SSB log deadlines.

Thanks for your patience 73 Dave K4JRB
CQ 160 Contests Director