Topband: 4w3dx

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 4w3dx
From: ozling at mail.dk (Henrik Weiss)
Date: Mon May 19 06:41:52 2003
A small possibility about topband activity ......

Henrik
OZ1ING

>From 4W3DX:

hello Henrik,
since you are a top band operator, you will understand this.  last night
20 meters sounded just like top band in winter, when the noise
disappears and you can hear the "breathing" of the atmosphere - it was
magic.  the rhombic really works and all the hard work was worth it.   I
solved the high swr problem - I disabled the hi-swr cutoff on the
amplifier so now I can use the conjugate match of the output stage
directly into the antenna, the swr is only about 3:1 anyway until I get
the new balun.   so high power definitely on all bands.  I may try 160
at the end in the morning, it would be fun if I could make a few qsos
but I was very tired at the end last night.......

73
de thor
no problem about the reflector