Topband: Slinky Beverage Vs. EWE

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Slinky Beverage Vs. EWE
From: w8ji at contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Tue May 27 22:14:59 2003
> Having trouble finding out any info about how well the Slinky beverages
> perform VS.
> something like an EWE or K9AY, Flag, Etc. Any advice appreciated.

Hi Les,

There is something on my web site about a Slinky Beverage. I even almost
forgot it was buried in there!

http://www.w8ji.com/slinky_and_loaded_beverages.htm

There is a model you can download. I verified some Eznec models against an
actual slinky antenna someone loaned me, and compared it to lumped loaded
Beverages. It works exactly the same if you use lumped inductances along the
antenna or go through the bother of using a slinky.

73 Tom