Topband: Omni 6+ A/B

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Omni 6+ A/B
From: KD7EFQ at aol.com (KD7EFQ@aol.com)
Date: Wed Jun 25 08:17:17 2003
It seems to me that these tests will have different paramaters with different
radios each time. The only way to truly test is to get a factory model just
off the alignment bench. Who's to say the Omni 6+ used in K6SE's tests wasn't
in need of a realignment after years of use and wear. I still dont see how a
general coverage reciever with it's inherent phase noise is going to beat a Ham
band only reciever with
good filtering. Also, The radio ranking on the Ten Tec sales site for the
Orion is opposite of K6SE's , and uses ARRL test figures, so you can't say Ten
Tec is saying
anything just to sell radios. The Orion is too new and still apparently has
bugs to be worked out, so I wont look buying one for 2 years and after the ARRL
review.  But
I feel it has great potential.

Buy American!  The Job you'll be saving may be your own!  Especially these
days!
:-) KD7EFQ