Topband: IC-746 PRO A/B Test Results

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: IC-746 PRO A/B Test Results
From: k6se at juno.com (k6se@juno.com)
Date: Mon Jun 30 22:20:38 2003
Tony, KB8JVH wrote:

"I find your postings very interesting reading. I'm still not sure I
understand the full value of your findings. What value is a rig that can
hear below the noise floor if it can't tolerate strong nearby signals
while doing so?"
As I mentioned before, my A/B tests are in no way associated with lab
tests which determine a receiver's IMDDR3 and BDR figures.

Much of my 160-meter DXing is during non-contest periods when the band is
not full of big signals.  I'm sure this is true for many others.  During
such periods, the IC-746 PRO can be very useful for 160-meter CW DXing.

During contests, however, I would prefer my FT-1000MP or K2.

73, de Earl, K6SE