Topband: W0AH/B heard on 1802.75, moves back to 1695.1 KHz as "AH"

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: W0AH/B heard on 1802.75, moves back to 1695.1 KHz as "AH"
From: W0AH at msn.com (DOUGLAS ALLEN)
Date: Sun Jul 13 19:43:24 2003
I'm amazed that the W0AH/B (running less than 10 mw out, ERP) was heard last
night in the QRN-
1) in Colorado Springs (about 20 miles) by W0RW at 2116 local. I myself
listened for it mobile yesterday on the way to the Colo Springs airport using a
10M whip and lost it at about 10 miles.  Paul, W0RW, is an experienced member
of the MedFER/LowFER fraternity.
2) last night by W7LR in Montana, S7, on his South American beverage and S1 on
his vertical.  Bob copied the 10 mw 160M W0AH/B regularly last September and
was one of the few to copy it at 1 mw ERP output beacon!
I've added some more wire to the MedFER vertical tophat, and the beacon will
return to 1695.1 KHz between several 5KW and 10KW commercial stations on 1690
KHz and 1700 KHz.  With 100 mw to the antenna, the signal will only be a few db
down from last nights 160M beacon.  Paul, W0RW, is the only one beyond my home
town to have copied the 1695 KHz Medfer beacon (last September) so here's a
challenge to try to copy it the next week or so.  It identifies as "AH" at
about 6 WPM CW.  It will go to QRSS mode in about a week.
Doug W0AH   ex W2CRS WB2LNA K1UGQ W3IFA KN8BAJ  Woodland Park CO DM78lx