Topband: Pacific 160 Metre Contest 2003

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Pacific 160 Metre Contest 2003
From: vk3io at iinet.net.au (Ron Tremayne VK3IO)
Date: Sat Jul 19 06:31:05 2003
I suspect there are some gremlins at work with the info recently posted, as the
times shown were in error and Ian's  email address seem's to be odd and the
Rework rule is not shown in the local published rules.

Greg ZL3IX has clarrified the times, which are 0700 to 2300z July 19, but the
local printed rules, revised or otherwise say nothing about reworking a station
every hour, so i suspect this is either something very new, or it is just not
true, either way it will cause considerable confusion, especially for any
Topband@contesting readers.

The local info gives Ian''s  email address for log entries as vk3vp@vkham.com

We have been hearing some good european signals even at this time of year (in
the IARU World Champianship contest) but they can't hear us probably due to
their summer noise. Maybe thw VK6's will be better situated for europe.

Conditions to Japan has at times been great, once again depending on their
summer noise.

I have tried to get Victor ZK1CG fired up for this event and maybe he will
manage to get his 160 metre dipole errected in time.

Conditions to USA west coast have also been great and I expect a few SSB easy
qso's.

The local conditions are very good with no storms, so the static crash level
should be low (not sure about ZL land though), so I expect plenty of VK
activity, unfortunately I have not heard any pacific activity of recent times,
so we will see what, if any, the contest conjures up.

Bye for now, C  U in the contest SSB, Ron VK3IO

the