Topband: Radar Engineers Model 240 NOISE LOCATING

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Radar Engineers Model 240 NOISE LOCATING
From: w7dddd at msn.com (D Andersen)
Date: Mon Aug 11 19:39:30 2003
Hello Tod K0TO,

I have many hours using the Model 250 and it can find the exact nut or bolt
doing the sparking while standing on the ground.  I have used an older version
of the Model 240 made by a different manufacturer and it can find the exact
pole causing the problem.   For narrowing down the search to find a closer
neighborhood I use the car radio on 530KHz or 1710KHz.  All three are needed
for a different part of the search.  If you only use the car radio as a
detection system you still can find most of the poles.  A little tapping on the
pole with a hammer while listening to the car radio will give you an
indication(sputtering).

Don, w7dd

www.radarengineers.com