Topband: LOw Dipole

To: "topband refector" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: LOw Dipole
From: "Joseph Dube" <jdube@peoplepc.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 18:42:01 -0400
I use a low dipole at this QTH (70 ft) Quite frequently.  I usually have no
problem copying the New Zelanders and Aussies In the morning.  The trick here
is that I have the endds of the antenna running NE by SW.  I am recieving and
transmitting a low angle signal.   The dipole seems to be a little quiter on
the reccieve as well. The down side of this whole thing is it work the opposite
on the broad side NW by SE.  I have a high angle lobe going out in those
directions.   I do have a top loaded vertical that appears to work very well
over 1000 milees in all directions very though.  My suggestion is the as
W8JI's. That being put one up and see how it works.  You might be pleasantly
surprised.

Joe KK4TR

---