Re: Topband: Topband QRN

To: "Steve McDonald" <jsm@gulfislands.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Topband QRN
From: "La2rz" <la2rz@online.no>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 14:05:24 +0200
Steve,
I had a simular problem some years back when working on 80 / 40 meters! this
coincided with my neighbour buying a new
TV set, a Panasonic 29" 100hz. Strong birdies (59+) and some wide band noise
also related.
After consulting with another ham who is a TV repair guy we found that the TV
antenna coax was re-radiating. I popped on a large amount of div. ferrites from
my junk box ( inner dia just over coax) about 60cms or so, this did the trick!
I did not check out 160 meters as this band was not of interest to me then but
maybe there's noise on it. Would be a good idea to try this out on the power
cord as well while your'e about it.
 73's  Dave  LA2RZ