Re: Topband: Change in 75/80/160M conditions in CO

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Change in 75/80/160M conditions in CO
From: <w0ah@a-1st.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 16:38:16 -0600 (MDT)
Thanks to W8JI and W4ZV for the info and links to the aurora maps, below.
The maps sure seem to tell the story! Compare the evening of the 12th
around 0600(when conditions to Europe from Colorado were well above
average)to the evening of the 13th around 0600(when conditions were poorer
than average). I had thought that the K index was more of a leading
indicator (and it is compared to the A-index, of course), but the K-index
didn't tell the story until hours later.
Doug W0AH