Topband: Ten Tec Jupiter

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Ten Tec Jupiter
From: "Thomas Kuehl" <ac7a@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 15:28:53 -0700
I have been using a Ten Tec Omni-V for the 160 contests, for the past 12
years. Although the receiver performance is quite good it lacks a lot of the
enhancements that DSP based radios offer today. It seems in that time the
160 meter noise level has increased several fold at my QTH, as urban sprawl
has encroached on my property.

My finances won't allow me to go after an Orion, but I could afford
something like a Jupiter. Is anyone out there using a Jupiter on 160, for
anything beyond casual QSO's? If so, are you pleased with the receiver
performance? Does the front-end crunch in a contest situation? Should I hold
out for something else?

Thanks, Thomas - AC7A (Tucson)