Topband: Phased Pennants: Staggered?

Subject: Topband: Phased Pennants: Staggered?
From: "Jeff Maass" <jmaass@columbus.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2003 16:28:08 -0500
I have a pair of pennants that I'd like to use in
the arrangement shown at:

http://home.columbus.rr.com/jmaass/Radio/PJ2_Pennants.htm

W8UVZ, K8GG and KD9SV used something very similar to
this with great success last year in the CQ 160 Meter Contest
from the Signal Point Station, PJ2T.

Due to space available, putting them side-by-side with
the desired 300 foot spacing and pointing the correct
direction is a problem. Can a similar pattern be obtained
by using the same array, but installed so that they are
staggered a bit, sort of midway between in-line and
broadside?

How would one go about phasing two pennants "endfire"
rather than broadside? Is it best done as with a
transmitting vertical array?

73,

  Jeff Maass  K8ND

  Caribbean Contesting Consortium - PJ2T