Topband: Re: core inductance and current

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Re: core inductance and current
From: Hermod Pedersen <hermod.pedersen@bolina.hsb.se>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 00:48:37 +0100
Charlie N0TT wrote:
I have a remote switch that individually controls 6 relays through a
~1/4 mile long coax line that is used to switch receiving antennas.
For RF chokes in this device I use 73 mix binocular cores /.../
The indicated inductances with just *3-1/3 turns* on the 73 mix Binocular

What would happen if I just use a common standard choke of something between 100 and 500 uH?
Several remote circuits even suggest values up to 2.5 mH.
I intend to use this for remote switching of beverage antennas primarily for the AM broadcast band, preferable also for the tropical shortwave broadcast bands. No transmitting anywhere around the listening post. Just listening.

/Hermod Pedersen, Malmo, Sweden