Topband: Calling On 1810 kc +1500 hz PSK31

To: "a Topband eGroup" <topband@contesting.com>,"Michael Bazley VK6HD" <bazley@iinet.net.au>
Subject: Topband: Calling On 1810 kc +1500 hz PSK31
From: "Thomas Giella KN4LF" <kn4lf@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 06:27:41 -0500
Hi Mike and All,
  Forgot to mention in my last email that another geomagnetic storm was
imminent. Well it began at 0745 UTC. The Kp is 6 headed to 7 and we have an
elevated energetic proton event of >10 MeV (10+o) which creates polar cap
absorption on high and sometimes mid latitude propagation paths.

  Our propagation path will be north of the Auroral oval, so hopefully we
will be able to connect but possibly on a skewed path. I began calling you
and alternately CQ DX on 1810 kc USB +1500 hz at 1115 UTC. It's chilly in
cloudy Florida hear this morning, 6 deg. C and very windy.

73,
Thomas F. Giella, KN4LF
Plant City, FL, USA
EL87WX

Yaesu FT-840 & PSK31 Digital Mode E Group:
160 Meter Amateur Radio Resources & More: http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf.htm
Daily Solar Space Weather & Geomagnetic Data Archive:
http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf5.htm
HF/MF Radio Propagation Theory Notes: http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf8.htm
Florida Space & Atmospheric Weather Institute:
http://www.kn4lf.com/fsawi.htm
Friend Website Design:  http://www.kn4lf.com

---