Re: Topband: Beacon on 1.947

To: "Donald Chester" <k4kyv@hotmail.com>, <topband@contesting.com>,<bvkirk@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Beacon on 1.947
From: "Jim Reid" <jimr.reid@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 08:08:51 -1000
> > >From what you say,  sounds to me as if it is some commercial
> >fishers drift net beacon.

> If they are opreating below 1900, they are illegal.

But they are almost certainly Asian fishers;  who knows
what their nation allows out on the high seas.  And,  given
their use of the rest of the HF spectrum for coms,  without
regard to US licensing rules,  I suspect they don't care,
just so long as they find their catch within the huge nets.
Anyway,  no one is enforcing such out on the seas, evidently;
can't even enforce where they fish successfully,  never mind how!

73,  Jim  KH7M