Topband: Transmatch Mods

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Transmatch Mods
From: "Alexander, Mitchell P (Mitch)" <Mitchell.Alexander@ElPaso.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 12:54:57 -0600
Hi, Guys -

I've been active on HF for a number of years, but with the diminishing
sunspots my interests are leaning back toward the lower bands; 160m in
particular.  My current antennas (two windoms N-S and E-W @70 ft.), will
cover 160 no problem....with a transmatch.  There lies my problem.  I
have a big old Millen transmatch that performs great on 80-10, but does
not cover 160m.  It has a lot of room inside to modify; and I think
that's the good news.  Have any of you ever done such a mod?  It should
be "just" a matter of adding additional capacitance and inductance,
right?  I'd sure appreciate any tips from you builders out there.

73 -

Mitch  KJ4DX

Columbus, GA

This email and any files transmitted with it from the ElPaso
Corporation are confidential and intended solely for the
use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
sender.