Topband: Cndx in ARRL 160 test

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Cndx in ARRL 160 test
From: df2py@t-online.de (Dr .Wolf Ostwald)
Date: 08 Dec 2003 06:04 GMT
Hi reflectees !
Here a few impressions frm an EU point of view.
The contest started pretty good when by nightfall on the east coast at 22 z the
first ritecoasters like NY3A,N2ED and VY2ZM boomed in on S 9 sigs.
Shortly thereafter the band took a dive.I decided on getting some shuteye then.
Cndx 3 hrs b4 sunrise were good. As far west as W5,W9 and W0 was wkd. Not a
trace of W7 area here.
The second nite was worse. At rite coast sunset not a sign of the usual
suspects. Band picked up 3 hrs b4 local sunrise. But this time no W0 or W5 was
heard at my location in central EU.W9ers were audible with faint sigs. Overall
impression is that many sections had only one station active that launched a
decent sig across the big pond.Overall activity on the east coast seemed to be
considerably down from past years. But again it was fun like all the years b4
and hopefully to come !
cu on topband- merry xmas to everyone ! wolf-df2py-