Topband: Stew Perry contest ideas

To: "Topband Reflector" <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Stew Perry contest ideas
From: "Bob Tellefsen" <n6wg@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 19:59:46 -0800
With the SP coming up, I'm looking for a little discussion on
strategy.  We only get to operate 14 of the hours, so there is
some opportunity to optimize the hours one uses.

Here on the left coast, the 1500 UTC hour is the 7AM hour.  Is
it worth it to use up one of the 14 hours at this time, or
skip to 0100 (5PM here) and run straight through.  Is there
enough middle of the night operation to be worth the effort
of an all-nighter?

I'd appreciate some comments from the more experienced here.

Thanks and 73
Bob N6WG