Re:Topband: beverage impedance

To: "Telegrapher9" <Telegrapher9@aol.com>
Subject: Re:Topband: beverage impedance
From: "i4jmy@iol.it" <i4jmy@iol.it>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 16:19:08 +0100
> I've been working on some methods to determine proper Beverage termination.

The SWR flatness is not a bad choice. Most practical method is to chose a
termination in such a way the impedance fluctuation (SWR) with frequency is
minimal.

> Some time domain and some frequency domain. Has anyone tried a TDR on a
> Beverage?

For other purposes than measuring a beverage, already 20 years ago I used a
microwave time domain network analyzer. With transmission lines, displayed
bursts gave some information about the kind of discontinuity, while the point
(the time) where the discontinuity appeared told how far it was along the line.

73 and season greetings,

Mauri, I4JMY