Topband: Beverage over a canyon, ground

To: <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Beverage over a canyon, ground
From: "D Andersen" <w7dddd@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 19:48:25 -0700
I received four responses telling me how to put grounded wires over the canyon
to simulate a ground condition and minimize the "long wire" effect (high angle
reception).  One suggested a single wire and another recommended using 4 wires
with a separation between them of about 6' and connected to a single ground
stake on each end.  Fence wire was reccommended.

I also was told that the impedance is not a critical factor with a Beverage
antenna with irregular terain.

Thanks to NI6T, N0TT, N6WG and N5IA for responding.

Happy New Year,
Don, w7dd