Topband: Reward Yaesu?

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Reward Yaesu?
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 07:43:40 -0500
G3OIT wrote:
>Maybe I should just move to a rural location, buy an FT1000MP and a big
linear, put up a dozen or so Beverages, and stop complaining?

Keith, I would never reward any manufacturer that has done as
much as Yaesu to fill our bands with clicks. Yaesu continues to stonewall the MP's click problem, turns out ever more clicking radios
and leaves it up to the user to fix the problem at their cost. How any
manufacturer can get away with what they are doing is beyond me.
Unfortunately they do because we just keep buying their trash.

May 2004 be a click-free year for all (fat chance)!

73, Bill W4ZV

P.S.  The following actual MP user comment is part of what Yaesu has
left us in dealing with some owners who just don't care: