Re: Topband: Interference questions dog broadband over power lines - mor

To: k3ky@erols.com, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Interference questions dog broadband over power lines - more anti-ham radio propaganda
From: Kim Herron <kherron@voyager.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 17:01:53 -0500
Hi Gang,
    I'm new to the list but I've two question/observations:

Quoting from the 2nd of 3 pages in the article, we have
a VP attorney with Current Technologies LLC saying this:

But Current Technologies LLC, which offers BPL service in the
Cincinnati and Rockville, Md., areas, can't find interference caused
by its system, said Jay Birnbaum, the company's vice president and
general counsel. Current Technologies uses a technology standard
called HomePlug, designed to not interfere with other radio signals.

"[Interference] just doesn't exist," Birnbaum said. "They based a lot
of their assumptions on outdated noise flow analysis."

1. Since when was an attorney qualified to evaluate RF noise?

2. Have you ever known anyone to voluntarily acknowledge that they did something that would
cause someone else a problem, and be willing to stop it, especially if it would cost them money?

Nuff said.

Thanks!!

Kim Herron
1-616-677-3706