RE: Topband: Notes on early JA to East Coast QSO's

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: Topband: Notes on early JA to East Coast QSO's
From: "Ron Spencer" <ronspencer@nc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 17:46:49 -0500
It is fun to reminisce isn't it. From the west coast (San Diego) I remember
my first European on 160. It was, if I recall correctly, EI5H (lots of
dits!!). My antenna was an Alpha Delta twin sloper for 40/80/160. What was
remarkable was it was hung from a 40' tower with the last part of the 160
leg kind of wandering around the back yard as I didn't have enough room to
fully stretch it out. AND, that was the receiving antenna as well! Thank
goodness EI5H had great ears!

Still waiting to hear the first JA of the season here in North Carolina.

Ron
N4XD