Re: Topband: Re: Top Band DXing Long Ago

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Re: Top Band DXing Long Ago
From: Bob Eldridge <r.c.eldridge@ieee.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 20:22:38 -0800

the Mohicans. I wonder if there are any other pre WW2 DXers still out there
reading these postings. The three awards I am most proud of are, in order, 160M
DXCC 295 cfmd, 160M WAZ and Satellite WAZ. WAZ at both ends of the spectrum.
Europe is pretty difficult from up here in the top left corner, pushing me into specializing on the Pacific. My best brag is Australia, and I was thrilled to hear from the awards manager of WIA that I am the only holder of "Worked All VK Call Areas" endorsed for 160 phone.

160 DXCC certificate
#32 in December 1983. I can provide more calls up to #210 if there is any interest.
I wonder how many there are who qualified but never applied for ARRL DXCC (I could not bring myself to trust the cards to the postal system).

Bob VE7BS

Am still using the home brew WW2 surplus PP 304TLs on 160 CW, single 304TL with
plug in coils on the other bands.

Please keep those OT yarns coming. Fascinating reading!

73, Dave, N4SU