Re: Topband: VS6DO

To: <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: VS6DO
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 20:23:52 -0500
> That may partially explain why I was never able to work him!  I heard
VS6DO on many mornings back in the 1980's calling one CQ after another and
not responding to any of the W1's (except occasionally KM1H) that were
calling him.  I also recall that one or more W1's worked him around local
sunset on the LP, but I don't remember who they were.

Paul had a remarkable signal, but suffered from big city noise level. His
noise might have been part of the problem.

I worked him on SSB from Ohio, but the path from Ohio to VS6 seemed to be
about like the path from GA to JA is now. Sometimes it just seems like one
area to another area can be very repeatable on 160.

73 Tom