Re: Topband: RF in My Rotor cable

To: "linda doyle" <ldoyle@gwi.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: RF in My Rotor cable
From: "George & Marijke Guerin" <gmguerin@voyager.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 12:13:54 -0500
John, etc.,

I have a HyGain T2X rotator and have bypassed the 7 ungrounded leads to
ground with 0.01 ufd 1KV disc ceramic capacitors.  I have no meter movement
or LED indications.

You should also check transmitting with the control unit unplugged from the
AC mains and see if that cures the movement and lighting.  If the AC line
cord is the problem, I would bypass it to ground (both sides) with 0.1 ufd
at 500 V or 1KV and put a ferrite or iron powder ring choke on the AC line
cord.

Also, I dress the cable down the tower to ground level and bring it into the
shack in a plastic conduit at ground level.  I have been driving a shunt fed
tower as a 160 meter TX antenna that way for almost 20 years without rotator
indicator issues.

Good luck,   73,    George  -  K8GG