Topband: Noise cancelling

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Noise cancelling
From: Thomas.Damboldt@t-online.de (Thomas Damboldt)
Date: 13 Feb 2004 06:47 GMT
Hi,

it seems we have the same problem in all large cities. To my understanding the
noise is caused by large numbers of halogen lamps, dimmers and other kinds of
electronic equipment and is radiated from the extensive powerline network all
over the place. This means that even directive antennas (flags, pennnants etc.)
will not help as the noise is probably omnidirectional. It would be helpful,
however, to use a small receiving antenna (e.g. a loop) and just try to find a
"quiet spot" in the area accessible.

Best regards
Thomas, DJ5DT