Re: Topband: Conditions last night - operating manners

To: 9a3a@libero.it, topband@contesting.com, smlx@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: Topband: Conditions last night - operating manners
From: Earl W Cunningham <k6se@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 13:43:08 -0800
I think this thread started when someone commented about tailenders not
"waiting in line".  I hope he was referring to "list" and "by call area"
operations because otherwise there is no "line" to wait in.

I tailend only when condx permit, i.e., strong signals, timing (at the
completion of a QSO) and a DX operator on the other end who is completely
in control of the pileup.  One such operator that immediately comes to
mind is OH2BH.  Under these circumstances, tailending will help increase
the DX station's QSO rate.

Therefore, I totally agree with Ivo's comments on the subject.

73, de Earl, K6SE