Topband: F12 c31xr as top loading on shunt fed tower

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: F12 c31xr as top loading on shunt fed tower
From: W6IZT@aol.com
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 17:26:42 -0500
All:

I am planning on using a c31xr as top-loading on a 65 ft tower shunt fed on
160m.

1) I understand that I need to ground the parasitic elements. Do I need to
ground all of the parasitic elements or just the 20 m elements.

2) I will also ground the shield of the coax for the C31 near the feedpoint. It
occurred to me that there might be a high voltage across the balun. Has anyone
experienced a problem with this?

3) Is there anything that I am missing wrt using this ant for top-loading?

Thanks
Gregg