Topband: EWE 's

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: EWE 's
From: "Marc Wullaert ON4MA" <marc.wullaert3@pandora.be>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 14:34:49 +0100
Hi Topbanders....

When spring is coming in ,I have to take down my Rx antennes from the farmers
land.And this
was also last weekend right in the middle off the ARRL contest.
After  this job was finisted ,I came up the idea to have something up permanent
in the backyard.
Now I will build 4 EWE's there ,just at the end of my backyard in between my
land and the farmers land.
I'm building now the switching system ,but I have some questions :
1) Should I ground the unused ewe's or keep them floating ?
2) One of the ewe's will be crossing a fence ,sould that be interacting ?
3)The other EWE horizontal wire will running 2 feet over some coniferes(small
trees 8feet high)
   Shoud those trees give some problems.
4) One other will be passing a second tower (3feet).Interaction ? It is now my
80m transmitting antenne
   and I think I will have to make some switch to protect my rx
input(ft1000mp-mk5) while transmitting.

5)In 4un's last book there are some differents length's and height's for dual
band reception.Anyone tried
some different lenght's/heights ?

73
Marc ON4MA