Re: Topband: QSL Services

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: QSL Services
From: dl2kq@t-online.de (DL2KQ)
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 17:59:56 +0100
From: "Dave_Richardson" <Dave.Richardson@dshack.demon.co.uk>
>...It is an international agreedment between all participating countries
that IRCs
> never expire, they must be honoured for exchange whatever their age
provided
> they were correctly endorsed at the point of sale.
   On the new IRC writed "MUST be exchanged by 31.12.2006".

>In any event, most ham operators and QSL managers receiving IRCs
>never exchange them for postage stamps
   I am oft exchanged IRC for postage stamps. And many HAMs in DL also.
In DL one letter to non-european lands costs 1,55 euro (~1,8$).
But I can buy IRC (for example from QSL managers) on 1...1,2$.
 Therefore, changing IRC for postage stamps I have profit 60...80 cents on
the letter.

73! de Gary DL2KQ