Topband: RE: Topband Digest, Vol 15, Issue 30

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: RE: Topband Digest, Vol 15, Issue 30
From: "John Dunnington" <g3lzq@john-dunnington.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 18:44:02 -0000
To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: QSL Services

Rejection of perfectly valid IRC's is a serious matter for DX'ers.
It is an international agreedment between all participating countries =
that IRCs never expire, they must be honoured for exchange whatever =
their age provided they were correctly endorsed at the point of sale. =
Any failure of a PO to observe this rule should be rigorously persued =
with the country's postal authorities.

Dave (and others)  I recently exchanged 35 old style but valid IRC's from
numerous originating countries
for 35 brand new 47p Stamps (min 10g rate for overseas in Postal Region-1).
I was unable to secure this
rate for European IRC's but received the appropriate Eu Rated Stamp. I do
not exchange new style but
as you say re-circulate them.

Cheers John

PS Now going to work out how to update the Oblast Mult files for Russian
test this weekend. I have spent most
     the week resolving why the Russian Contest Module was putting qso's
into wrong band slots. Seems it needed
     a radio connecting rather than using  keyboard to change bands up or
down. Ah well another to remember not to do.