Topband: 3B9C

To: "TOPBAND" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 3B9C
From: "Milt Jensen, N5IA" <n5ia@zia-connection.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 20:52:19 -0700
0100:  Home from the regular work day.

0115:  Alpha and MP ready.  The sun is still 10 minutes high in the western
sky in extreme Southwest New Mexico.

0118:  Heard first ID of 3B9C on 1.822.

0130:  Sig strong enough to call.  Can hear callsigns as he replies to the
ones he hears.  W5PJR has LOUD key clicks 2 kHz and more down, totally
obscuring the 3B9C signal.

0132:  No response to my calls on three tries.

0134:  Answers N5KO? a couple of times.  I repeat call sign, N5IA.

0135:  In the log.

0138-0145:  3B9C works others in SW USA.  Signal still getting stronger.

0145:  All equipment turned off as the wife has steaks ready for the grill.

0200:  Eating elk steak and baked potatoes with corn and green beans on the
side.

I like Top Band DXing!!!!!!!!!!

As a veteran of the Top Band operations at XZ1N (1998) and XZ0A (2000) and
knowing what it takes to make it happen from that part of the world, I
congratulate the 160 Meter operators at 3B9C for doing it right.

73 de Milt, N5IA

73 de Milt, N5IA