Re: Topband: 3B9C In Florida/ Receive Antennas

To: "Thomas Giella KN4LF" <kn4lf@tampabay.rr.com>,"a Topband eList" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 3B9C In Florida/ Receive Antennas
From: "Bob Tellefsen" <n6wg@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 17:12:11 -0800
Thomas
I use a Flag loop aimed east with my TX vertical only 30 ft away.
I'm able to open up my TX antenna so the vertical is disconnected
from the matching network.  At this point it ceases to reradiate noise
into the loop, and I hear signals from the east coast fine (when they
are there :-)..

If you can't disconnect the vertical from the matching unit, it will
radiate quite a lot of noise.  It's quite obvious when I operate my
relay and disconnect the vertical.

Some folks are situated where they can place their Flag or Pennant
loop with the null at the rear toward the TX vertical.  This probably
helps to some degree also.

Good luck and 73
Bob N6WG