RE: [Fwd: Re: Topband: Long Path Direction!]

To: "Ken Brown" <ken.d.brown@verizon.net>,"topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [Fwd: Re: Topband: Long Path Direction!]
From: "Richard Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 07:34:41 -0800
> several degrees. If you use the null of a loop, that would probably be
> the most precise way to determine the direction, but not on a weak

I built the loop in the ARRL antenna book for 2.5 MHz and tried
to null WWV and it didn't null very well.  I think the book says
it doesn't null on skywave.  It does null perfectly on ground
wave signals.

I used to have 1 wl beverages every 30 degrees, and there was only
a few dB difference between the correct beverage and its nearest
neighbor.  With a 60 degree difference, there was a drastic loss
of signal.  So I would guess the beverages had a 3 dB beamwidth
of around 60 degrees.

Rick N6RK