Topband: 3B9C QSO

To: <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 3B9C QSO
From: "f8bpn" <f8bpn@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 05:08:35 -0000
Hi All!

YES! I finally got them on 160 meters (#126) and five minutes later on 80
meters (#138) first call in between the lids QRM, also with 100 watts and
inverted V 80/40 dipole. So, it's a 9 bands CW!
It was on mach 31st 2156z and 2201z. I waited to see my QSO on the log on
line to be totaly sure!
I was listening them on SSB earlier but their signal was quite weak and a
big QSB, they could sometimes go up so S9 and then drop to nothing.
I just standed on 1822.5 and hoped they would be back on CW. When I heard
them calling CQ they were still pretty weak and still a lot of QSB. But
suddenly their signal improved to a stable S9 plus a few minutes before I
worked them, I thought it was my chance, but God! I was not the only one
calling...
I have been listening for them almost every evening since the begining of
the expedition, in my location (south west France) it seems that their
signals on 160 are quite strong for a while around one hour after my sun
rise, then signals are droping with a lot of QSB, around 2200z signals are
getting stronger again, but hard to stand up evey night, even you love very
much Top band, when you have to get up at 0200z for work!
Waiting for the next expedition or activity on Top band for another new one!
Have a nice week end.

73/88 de F8BPN, Mau

f8bpn@wanadoo.fr
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/ph-martin/f8bpn