RE: Topband: 160m at solar max

To: <eric@k3na.org>, "Topband Reflector" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: Topband: 160m at solar max
From: "Garry Shapiro" <garry@ni6t.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 22:58:37 -0800
Eric:

That is OK as general advice for general topband DXing. But I am not sure it
applies in the case of a difficult location. For example, I doubt if time of
year or time of cycle matters much on the Rodrigues/Europe path, or even
Rodrigues/JA for that matter (a few transequatorial hops, mostly over
water). But I would  be surprised to find that true at near-antipodal
distances through the polar zone, such as Rodrigues/West Coast.

Garry, NI6T