Re: Topband: 160m Ant on 80m?

To: Tom Rauch <w8ji@contesting.com>,Thomas Hoeppe <thomas.hoeppe@asamnet.de>,Topband Reflektor <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160m Ant on 80m?
From: David Gilbert <rimradio@direcway.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 19:34:01 -0700
Tom,

I definitely agree.  I played around with different loading coils in the
simple EZNEC model I created and the base impedance swings all over the
place, both real and imaginary components.  I distrust top loading coils
anyway since they model weirdly when they're located near current minimums,
where capacitive effects can have a big, maybe even greater, influence.

Dave