Re: Topband: Beverage Query...

To: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>, <charlesh3@msn.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Beverage Query...
From: "Ford Peterson" <ford@cmgate.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 08:14:20 -0500
Tom advised:

> You should have paralleled both conductors at each end and
> measured. The Beverage feeds the combination of both
> conductors in parallel against the push-pull impedance.
>
> Counting ground resistance you measured over 500 ohms, which
> is reasonable for a single wire.
>
> 73 Tom

Plan B!  Geez... I logged 2.5 miles on Sunday walking back-and-forth taking
measurements.  An old Swedish proverb states: "When you fail to use your head,
you get to use your feet!"  I guess I'll keep my day job.

I'll wind a pair of 4:1 transformers on some #73 binocular cores and and
temporarily install them on the ends.  Then I'll terminate the end with a good
quality 250 ohm pot.  (And maybe recruit a helper this time  ; )

Thanks for the help.

Ford-N0FP
ford@cmgate.com