Re: Topband: Rx antennas questions

To: "Javier Remoto" <jlopez@plasticosomega.com>,<topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Rx antennas questions
From: "K9AY" <k9ay@k9ay.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 11:56:25 -0500
Javier,

The relay in the RIP-1 is rated at 1 or 2 kV DC breakdown -- proximity to
the TX antenna should not be a problem unless you are right on top of it.
My own Beverage installations have been as close as 75 feet to an inv-L, and
I have two users of K9AY Loops that added the RIP-1 because the loops are
30-40 feet from the TX antenna.  These are all high power (500 to 1500W)
stations.

Also, the RIP-1 does not ground the antenna during transmit -- it
disconnects and "floats" both the shield and center conductor of the coax.

My recommendation is to try your idea and see if it works!

73, Gary
K9AY
______

Hi,
Basep upon that my Rx antenna is grounded using the AY technologies RIP-1
module each time I am transmiting how close may I locate it from the Tx
antenna?

A Bev could be installed using pvc coated cable directly over the ground?

Thanks for your comments,
73's de Javie
yv5mbx