Re: Topband: Deep QSB

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Deep QSB
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 09:19:08 -0500
I think short calls are ALWAYS a good idea. If I'm responding to a call, I
like to simply put in my call sign once if I think the other guy should hear
me well, twice if probably not, pause, then keep repeating once again and
again until he starts transmitting again. And I always run as close to full
QSK my rig permits, so I will often hear him transmit in the middle of a call.

Even when calling CQ to a "dead" band, I'll only use a 4x3, pause to listen,
then repeat. I may repeat for a long time. Yesterday morning I did that on
80 for nearly an hour, with two QSO's to the South Pacific and Asia the
result.

Jim K9YC